Visit Olhão - Portal de Turismo de Olhão

Restoration Heroes Monument

This is a monument dedicated to the brave men who participated in the revolt against the French (Napoleon Troops) in 1808, it was inaugurated in 1931 and it was designed by the architect Carlos Chambers Ramos, who sought to bring it into line with the main features of the traditional olhanense architecture. Situated very close to the Mother Church and the Senhor dos Aflitos Chapel, near the Avenida da República, this monument is part of the town and it should be part of the town's historical circuit for all those who wish to know the story/history of the victory of the olhanense people against the French and consequentely their expulsion in 1808.